* Based on the feedback we've been receiving, we've decided to change the format of the event. We understand that walking a catwalk and being judged in front of 90 people can be rather intimidating, so we've decided to make it more casual and informal in order to encourage broader participation.
On Friday, May 31st we will having our first ever Thrift Store Night at Resolved. As many of you know, Hope Thrift is an arm of Seeds of Hope. Every dollar made at Hope Thrift helps fund the ministry of Seeds of Hope, which allows this ministry to serve the homeless, poor, prostitutes, drug addicts and ex-offenders on the streets of Camden. The idea behind having this event is to draw awareness to Hope Thrift and to help fund their mission.
Participation in this event is not required. Even if you aren't able to purchase an outfit, you can still come to Resolved to enjoy some singing, teaching, and fellowship.
- Objective: find an outfit at a thrift store for under $20
- Shopping at Hope Thrift is recommended but not required
- Encouraged to go shopping with your growth group
- Must be purchased at thrift store on one consecutive day
- Most unique/outrageous
- Most fashionable
- Best accessories
- Best overall
- Prizes: Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Wawa, and Hope Thrift gift cards will be given away to the winners. Come prepared to write down your name on an index card with a description of your outfit if you want to be entered for a chance to win a gift card. We will announce the winners after the meeting.
- Come dressed in your outfit (if you have an outrageous outfit, you're more than welcome to change into it once you get there).
- Opportunity also to donate your new outfit back to Hope Thrift, but again not required.